Monday, September 15, 2008

Autumn Weather

I am too excited about the weather that we had today! Fall is my favorite season.. it just doesn't last long enough for me. I love to sit outside at night and listen to the ball games going on across the field from my house. We can hear the cheers when some child makes a goal or a home run. Why go to the ball field when you can sit in your yard and hear every thing that is going on..!~



Football has taken up a lot of our time lately. I am always running back and forth to practices and games. Danny is off this weekend, so I am handing it all over to him. Derek is playing at McCroy and Landen is playing at Rector. I think they are going to catch a football game at Arkansas State on Saturday afternoon. Seth and I are planning to stay with Nan so that we can just be lazy all weekend! I can hardly wait..



I am still shocked at how fast this year has passed. So many things have happened and have shaped my life forever. My kids and husband are all healthy. The kids are doing so good in school. Up until July 20, my parents were all healthy and happy. And then, my dad, Bobby, came down with pneumonia. He went down really fast. We all thought that he would overcome the disease, but we lost him on August 18th. This past month has been so hard. It still seems unreal.. Every time I go to my mom's, I still expect him to come home. I miss him so much that it hurts. Everything reminds me of him. I go to the cemetery every morning and it about kills me if his flowers aren't hanging the way they should. I am so afraid that someone will steal his flowers or his solar cross. It would break my heart if they did. I know that his soul is with God, but I don't want anyone to disturb his grave. This is a fear that I have to face every day of my life. He once protected me, and now it is my turn. I am sorry if this depresses any of you. I just need to vent.



Please continue to pray for not only my family, but pray for all of the families that have lost someone they love.



I will talk to you all tomorrow!


Mandi

No comments: